SARVER, Pa. (June 22) — Live updates from Thursday’s first 25-lap semifeature during the Firecracker 100 presented by Big River Steel weekend at Lernerville Speedway:
Jonathan Davenport of Blairsville, Ga., ran away with a flag-to-flag victory in Friday afternoon’s first 25-lap Firecracker 100 presented by Big River Steel semifeature at Lernerville Speedway. He controlled two restarts to win the $5,000 top prize by 3.964 seconds — about a full straightaway margin over track regular Michael Norris, who slipped past Brandon Overton for second on a lap-16 restart.
Friday start delayed
With steady, moderate rain falling through the early morning hours, the Lernerville Speedway surface remained too wet for competition at the scheduled 11:30 a.m. time for hot laps on Friday. At 12:15 p.m., the track crew was still running in the 4/10-mile oval while officials announced that practice sessions would begin at 1 p.m. followed by the twin 25-lap semifeatures.
Forecasts call for a chance of thunderstorms to rise significantly after 4 p.m., putting some doubt on whether Friday evening's scheduled preliminary program will start on time with hot laps at 6 p.m. or event be completed.
Postponed to Friday afternoon
After the heats for both semifeatures were completed by 9:05 p.m. despite light rain falling, the precipitation picked up slightly just as the field for the first 25-lapper rolled onto the track. Officials immediately sent the cars back to the pits with the showers intensifying; just over a half-hour later the decision was made to postpone the twin semifeatures to Friday with hot laps at 11:30 a.m. and the first race scheduled to begin at 12 noon.
Officials plan to start Friday's twin 25-lap semifeature program at its scheduled time with hot laps at 6 p.m.
(8 laps; all transfer)
First heat finish: Jonathan Davenport, Michael Norris, Tyler Bruening, Trevor Collins, Chris Schneider, Cory Sines, Gregg Satterlee, Breyton Santee, Joshua Powell.
Second heat finish: Mason Zeigler, Ricky Thornton Jr., Earl Pearson Jr., Tyler Erb, Logan Zarin, Colton Flinner, Bump Hedman, Gary Lyle, Zachary Kane.
Third heat finish: Brandon Overton, Max Blair, Boom Briggs, John Garvin Jr., Ken Schaltenbrand, Darrell Bossard, Mike Smith, Nicholas Eck.
1. Jonathan Davenport (49), Blairsville, Ga., 15.155
2. Ricky Thornton Jr. (20RT), Chandler, Ariz., 15.255
3. Max Blair (111B), Centerville, Pa., 15.260
4. Gregg Satterlee (22), Indiana, Pa., 15.293
5. Mason Zeigler (25z), Chalk Hill, Pa., 15.360
6. Brandon Overton (76), Evans, Ga., 15.388
7. Michael Norris (10), Sarver, Pa., 15.435
8. Tyler Erb (1), New Waverly, Texas, 15.482
9. Boom Briggs (99B), Bear Lake, Pa., 15.554
10. Tyler Bruening (16), Decorah, Iowa, 15.648
11. Earl Pearson Jr. (46), Jacksonville, Fla., 15.700
12. John Garvin Jr. (J4), Sarver, Pa., 15.868
13. Trevor Collins (11T), Seaford, Del., 15.891
14. Logan Zarin (1z), Moon Township, Pa., 15.954
15. Ken Schaltenbrand (29S), Sarver, Pa., 16.033
16. Darrell Bossard (22B), Centerville, Pa., 16.295
17. Chris Schneider (55c), Lower Burrell, Pa., 16.333
18. Zachary Kane (10), Washington, Pa., 16.425
19. Gary Lyle (10L), Leechburg, Pa., 16.585
20. Mike Smith (96), Arkport, N.Y., 16.725
21. Cory Sines (25S), Orwell, Ohio, 16.740
22. Bump Hedman (B22), Sugar Grove, Pa., 16.850
23. Nicholas Eck (20N), Corry, Pa., 16.863
24. Joshua Powell (11P), Sarver, Pa., 17.217
25. Breyton Santee (9), Conneaut, Ohio, 32.753
26. Colton Flinner (48), Allison Park, Pa., no time