Test your Speedweeks knowledge with trivia quiz
Heading toward February’s traditional action, we offer a dozen trivia questions from dirt racing's Super Late Model portion of Georgia-Florida Speedweeks; answers at the bottom of the page (complete Speedweeks coverage):
1) Prior to skipping action in 2016, when was the last year that Billy Moyer had previously failed to win a Speedweeks feature?
2) In what year was Speedweeks plagued by a record four straight rainouts before completing a single event?
3) Name the only driver who finished among the top five during each of his Speedweeks starts in 2016.
4) Tied at eight victories apiece, which two Floridians have won the most Speedweeks events in their home state?
5) Which track hosted the most Speedweeks events in a single season? How many races and what year?
6) Three father-son combinations have Speedweeks victories. Which pair is the only pair where both father and son won at multiple tracks?
7) Which driver went 6,217 days (or 17 years and 8 days) between Speedweeks victories at East Bay Raceway Park?
8) Name the three drivers who have won a Speedweeks feature over the past five seasons without posting another top-five finish.
9) What is the all-time record for the number of different Speedweeks feature winners and in which year was it recorded?
10) Name the only two Speedweeks winners with victories in NASCAR’s highest division.
11) Who is the most recent Speedweeks winner that has since retired from Dirt Late Model competition? When and where did that driver win?
12) What’s the record car count for a Speedweeks event?
3) Jason Covert
4) Wayne Shugart and Earl Pearson Jr.
5) Volusia; nine in 2004
6) Jack Boggs and Jackie Boggs (both won at Volusia and East Bay)
7) Scott Bloomquist, who ended his winless streak in 2007
8) Davey Johnson, Kenny Pettyjohn and Mason Zeigler
9) 16 feature winners in 2014
10) Morgan Shepherd and Tiny Lund
11) Brady Smith won Feb. 14, 2014, at Bubba Raceway Park
12) 117 Late Models on Feb. 8, 2005 at East Bay (Tim McCreadie won)