Knoxville Nationals program guide
KNOXVILLE, Iowa (Sept. 30) — Explanation of program for the eighth annual Lucas Oil Late Model Knoxville Nationals at Knoxville Raceway:
Format: Time trials, heats, consolation and semifeatures each of the first two nights allow drivers to accrue points that will set the starting lineup for Saturday's main event.
Thursday and Friday formats
(Drivers will use the better point total, not combined points)
• Hot laps scheduled for 6:45 p.m.
• Time trials scheduled for 7:15 p.m. (200 points for quick time, 198 for second, etc.)
• Heat races: 12 laps, 10-car inversion with 1-4 transferring to the main event, 5-8 transferring to B-Main, and everyone else to C-Main (100 points for winner, 97 for second, etc.)
• C-Main: 15 laps, top four to B-Main (100 points for winner, 98 for second, etc.)
• B-Main: 20 laps, top four to A-Main (150 points for winner, 148 for second, etc.)
• A-Main: 25 laps, 24 cars, top 20 lined up by qualifying time with top eight inverted (200 points for winner, 198 for second, etc.)