Ultimate Southeast joins Speedweeks '21
Among recent special and sanctioned event schedule changes:
• The Ultimate Southeast Series cancelled its Sept. 26 trip to Fayetteville (N.C.) Motor Speedway because of coronavirus crowd restrictions; the Fast Unified Engine Late Model Series will compete instead as the track returns from a racing break. Utimate Southeast also posted Nov. 20’s race at Screven Motor Speedway in Sylvania, Ga., to Feb. 13 with the $10,000-to-win event part of Georgia-Florida Speedweeks.
• The DiscountShopTowels.com Dirt Kings Tour cancelled its Sept. 24 event at 141 Speedway in Francis Creek, Wis.
• The Ultimate Heart of America Series added a $10,000-to-win event at Richmond (Ky.) Raceway on Oct. 31 (originally set for Oct. 24 but moved).
• Gondik Law Speedway in Superior, Wis., has added the Oct. 16-17 Can-Am Clash with $2,000-to-win WISSOTA Late Models each night.
• The Crate Racin’ USA Series makeup for the Sept. 12 rainout has been scheduled for Oct. 10, according to the track.
• The Schaeffer's Iron-Man Late Model Series event Oct. 2 at Ponderosa Speedway in Burnside, Ky., will pay $5,000-to-win, up from the original $4,000 winner’s purse.
• The Pace Performance RUSH Series Crate Late Model events on Oct. 2-3 at Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway have been split into two $3,000-to-win programs during the Pittsburgher 100 weekend.
Editor's note: Updates with date change for Richmond event and FUEL event at Fayetteville.