Bristol Motor Speedway
Rain, forecasts postpone many weekend events
Originally the March 13-15 weekend was dotted with several regional Dirt Late Model specials throughout the South. But rain and forecasts for more wet weather have postponed several events, most of them rescheduled for the coming weeks. A roundup of the schedule changes:
• Columbus (Miss.) Speedway postponed the seventh annual Brown Engineering Rebel Challenge, originally scheduled for March 13-14 at the third-mile oval. The unsanctioned Super Late Model event will see some format changes and a purse boost for the April 10-11 makeup weekend. The revised lineup features a 40-lap, $3,000-to-win main event on Friday, April 10, to be followed by a 50-lap, $10,000-to-win event on Saturday, April 11. The original schedule called for a pair of $1,200-to-win features on Friday and a $7,000-to-win feature Saturday.
• Cleveland (Tenn.) Speedway's Monty Morrow postponed its 14th annual Shamrock event, a $5,000-to-win O'Reilly Southern All Star event originally set for March 14. The event has been rescheduled for April 4. The series also added a $4,000-to-win event on April 3 at nearby North Georgia Speedway, another track promoted by Morrow.
• Clarksville (Tenn.) Speedway postponed its March 13-14 Tuckassee Toilet Bowl Classic, $3,000-to-win and $5,000-to-win events for the O'Reilly MARS DIRTcar Series. The events were rescheduled for March 20-21.
• Carolina Speedway near Gastonia, N.C., postponed the ninth annual Skyler Trull Memorial, the season-opening event on the Carolina Clash Super Late Model Series originally set for March 14. The race was rescheduled for March 20.
• The $5,000-to-win March Madness set for March 13 at Boyd's Speedway in Ringgold, Ga., has been canceled; no makeup date was announced.
• The reopening of Lone Star Speedway in Kilgore, Texas, set to host the O'Reilly SUPR tour on March 14, has been postponed; a makeup date hasn't been announced.