UNION, Ky. — Updates from Friday’s preliminary night of the Sunoco North-South 100 weekend, including a pair of split-field $5,000-to-win events on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (results unofficial):
Dominating Friday night's second 25-lap semifeature, Jonathan Davenport of Blairsville, Ga., kept a pair of fellow Georgians at bay in capturing a $5,000 victory during the Sunoco North-South 100 weekend at Florence Speedway. Davenport took the checkers 2.039 seconds ahead of Dale McDowell with Brandon Overton in third.
Row 1: Jonathan Davenport, Brandon Overton
Row 2: Tyler Erb, Ricky Thornton Jr.
Row 3: Ricky Weiss, Dale McDowell
Row 4: Robby Hensley, Jimmy Owens
Row 5: Chris Madden, Josh Rice
Row 6: Carson Ferguson, Garrett Alberson
Row 7: Brandon Sheppard, Jason Miller
Row 8: Daulton Wilson, Devin Moran
Row 9: Kye Blight, Dustin Nobbe
Row 10: Darrell Lanigan, Kyle Fogt
Row 11: Cory Hedgecock, Jesse Lay
Row 12: Camaron Marlar, Brandon Hardgrove
Row 13: Jimmy Sharpe Jr., Jason Jameson
Row 14: Vern Lefevers
Heat race finishes
(Eight laps; all transfer)
First heat: Jonathan Davenport, Ricky Thornton Jr., Robby Hensley, Josh Rice, Brandon Sheppard, Devin Moran, Darrell Lanigan, Jesse Lay, Jimmy Sharpe Jr.
Second heat: Brandon Overton, Ricky Weiss, Jimmy Owens, Carson Ferguson, Jason Miller, Kye Blight, Camaron Marlar, Kyle Fogt, Jason Jameson.
Third heat: Tyler Erb, Dale McDowell, Chris Madden, Garrett Alberson, Daulton Wilson, Dustin Nobbe, Cory Hedgecock, Brandon Hardgrove, Vern Lefevers.
Pre-heat race notes
Florence promoter Josh King expanded the starting fields for Friday’s semifeatures to 27 cars apiece (up from the scheduled 24). King added $2,400 to the purse to allow for the larger fields, giving every entrant and chance to compete in at least one main event during the weekend. … Fast group qualifiers Victor Lee and Jonathan Davenport picked up $501 bonuses from folks donating to the cause in memory of late Hall of Fame chassis builder and driver C.J. Rayburn. … Dustin Linville lost the 10th quickest qualifying time in the first group because his car because of a deck-height violation. … Final qualifier Camaron Marlar of Winfield, Tenn., got into the turn-four wall on his last timed lap. … While it was a disappointment just 10 minutes or so of rain from Thursday washed out the weekend’s opening program, teams were glad not to race late into the night on a likely high-speed oval that would’ve likely left teams with plenty of sheetmetal and other repairs.
Second group time trials
Driver (car no.), hometown, time
- Jonathan Davenport (49), Blairsville, Ga., 16.118
- Carson Ferguson (93), Lincolnton, N.C., 16.293
- Dale McDowell (17m), Chickamauga, Ga., 16.389
- Ricky Thornton Jr. (20rt), Chandler, Ariz., 16.410
- Kye Blight (31aus), Katanning, Western Australia, 16.425
- Tyler Erb (1), New Waverly, Texas, 16.431
- Josh Rice (11), Verona, Ky., 16.462
- Jason Jameson (12), Lawrenceburg, Ind., 16.579
- Daulton Wilson (18D), Fayetteville, N.C., 16.619
- Brandon Sheppard (1), New Berlin, Ill., 16.643
- Jimmy Owens (20), Newport, Tenn., 16.656
- Garrett Alberson (58), Las Cruces, N.M., 16.658
- Robby Hensley (21H), Walton, Ky., 16.684
- Brandon Overton (76), Evans, Ga., 16.739
- Chris Madden (44), Gray Court, S.C., 16.768
- Darrell Lanigan (29), Union, Ky., 16.817
- Jason Miller (94), Berryville, Va., 16.818
- Cory Hedgecock (23), Loudon, Tenn., 16.893
- Devin Moran (9), Dresden, Ohio, 16.934
- Ricky Weiss (7), Headingley, Manitoba, 16.949
- Dustin Nobbe (5N), Batesville, Ind., 17.233
- Jesse Lay (33), Walton, Ky., 17.440
- Kyle Fogt (2), Camden, Ohio, 17.485
- Brandon Hardgrove (H22), Burnside, Ky., 17.487
- Jimmy Sharpe Jr. (26jr), Vidalia, Ga., 17.516
- Camaron Marlar (57), Winfield, Tenn., 17.896
- Vern Lefevers (90), Cincinnati, Ohio, 18.640
Numerical driver roster
Driver (car no.), hometown
Tyler Erb (1), New Waverly, Texas
Brandon Sheppard (1), New Berlin, Ill.
Kyle Fogt (2), Camden, Ohio
Dustin Nobbe (5N), Batesville, Ind.
Victor Lee (6), Danville, Ky.
Ross Robinson (7), Georgetown, Del.
Ricky Weiss (7), Headingley, Manitoba
Kent Robinson (7R), Bloomington, Ind.
Dustin Linville (D8), Bryantsville, Ky.
Devin Moran (9), Dresden, Ohio
Spencer Hughes (11), Meridian, Miss.
Josh Rice (11), Verona, Ky.
Doug Drown (12), Wooster, Ohio
Jason Jameson (12), Lawrenceburg, Ind.
Brayton Laster (13), Greenwood, Ind.
Joe Godsey (14G), Edinburgh, Ind.
James Rice (15), Verona, Ky.
Justin Rattliff (16), Campbellsville, Ky.
Jeremy Creech (17), Richmond, Ind.
Zack Dohm (17), Cross Lanes, W.Va.
Dale McDowell (17m), Chickamauga, Ga.
Tim Vance (17T), Clover, S.C.
Shannon Babb (18), Moweaqua, Ill.
Trevor Landrum (18), Erlanger, Ky.
Daulton Wilson (18D), Fayetteville, N.C.
Jimmy Owens (20), Newport, Tenn.
Ricky Thornton Jr. (20rt), Chandler, Ariz.
Robby Hensley (21H), Walton, Ky.
Brandon Hardgrove (H22), Burnside, Ky.
Chris Ferguson (22), Mount Holly, N.C.
Keegan Cox (23), Franklin, Ind.
Cory Hedgecock (23), Loudon, Tenn.
Jimmy Sharpe Jr. (26jr), Vidalia, Ga.
P.J. Simpson (28), Berry, Ky.
Larry Grube (29), Cresco, Iowa
Clint Keenan (29), Patalaska, Ohio
Darrell Lanigan (29), Union, Ky.
Kye Blight (31aus), Katanning, Western Australia
Bobby Pierce (32), Oakwood, Ill.
Jesse Lay (33), Walton, Ky.
Austin Lay (33aj), Walton, Ky.
Derek Fisher (38), Olympia, Ky.
Tim McCreadie (39), Watertown, N.Y.
Chris Madden (44), Gray Court, S.C.
Earl Pearson Jr. (46), Jacksonville, Fla.
Jonathan Davenport (49), Blairsville, Ga.
Garrett Alberson (58), Las Cruces, N.M.
Hudson O’Neal (71), Martinsville, Ind.
Brandon Overton (76), Evans, Ga.
Scott James (83), Bright, Ind.
Vern Lefevers (90), Cincinnati, Ohio
Carson Ferguson (93), Lincolnton, N.C.
Jason Miller (94), Berryville, Va.
Camaron Marlar (99), Winfield, Tenn.
Mike Marlar (157), Winfield, Tenn.
(All times local)
2:30 p.m. - Pit gates close
3 p.m. - Pit gates open
5 p.m. - Grandstands closes
5:30 p.m. - Grandstands reopen
2-5:45 p.m. - Registration and tech inspection
6:30 p.m. - On-track activity (MavTV on FloRacing stream begins)
- Lucas Oil hot laps
- Modified hot laps
- Lucas Oil time trials (2 laps)
- Allstar Performance fast time presentation
- Modified heat races (8 laps)
- Lucas Oil heat races (8 laps)
- Modified consolation (10 laps)
- Lucas Oil first feature (25 laps)
- Lucas Oil second feature (25 laps)
- Modified feature (20 laps)